Last Friday I get a call from a buyer looking for a flat under 100k around in Subang area with Chinese residences. The unit that I advertise is in Malay area so I tell her that if i have any unit will let her know.
So I want to learn how to co-broke with another agent. I found one unit in my staying area selling for 115k.
I call up the buyer and arrange the time at night 8pm to see the house.
The agent was not keen to co-broke with me. I fax him the co-broke letter in the afternoon and there is no news and no fax back. In fact he gave me the wrong number for fax. I found his company fax number online is not same with what he told me.
So when we see the house together, he not been honest with the house situation. The house has serious leaking problem everywhere yet he say those leaking mark is just water mark, not leaking.
I have never expect the buyer will want to buy the house, and i was really surprise that she wants to buy it and wanted to pay deposit the next day.
So I call up the agent, the agent said want to meet me at Saturday and also wanted to meet the client .
I was curious about it, I went to meet him together with Mom in law (Cecilia) without calling up the buyer.The agent is cunning where at first offer me only 2 percent commission which is only few hundred, but he actually intended to do under table cases. He wanted to test water to know whether the buyer is paying cash or not, so that he can take 10K plus from the selling price. End up I might not getting any cent from the case.
Cecilia stopped him from doing that, she wants us to do the right way. So the agent actually hesitate a while and giving excuse that only can give me answer on Monday whether the owner want to sell it at that price or not. Meaning at the same time he is waiting for another buyer to buy from him.
After the meeting, the buyer called me wanted to pay deposit. I can’t tell her what was happened so I had to tell her that I haven’t get anything from the agent to proceed, not even the confirmation from the owner. At the same time too she wants to reduce the selling price from 115k to 108k for bad leaking problem. In my mind actually thinking I don’t think this deal will going to make it, so I just let her know that will get back to her by Monday.
Today I went to management office to ask for any other sellers wanted to sell their house in case the buyer can’t get the house. I actually feel bad for delaying the buyer who is very keen to buy the house. And the agent some more delaying me when I called him. I get frustrated of course and upset with such people who is so cunning at the same time thinking what to do next.
Suddenly when I was eating lunch I receive a msg from the buyer said that” your service real bad, I going to buy another unit in Puchong 90k fully furnished”
I was like ok….. it can be a good solution where I do not need to worry what to tell her if she called. But why must she tell me what she buy? And I understand why she say my service is bad coz of the delays.. Its not my fault, and it can be my fault from her point of view.
I not even finish my lunch, I throw there half way and come back. I can’t stand the whole thing..
Lesson learned, no co-broking for this moment.
I hate it when humans creates stories and make the whole thing so complicated. I have to answer every questions so careful that I won’t make any mistakes.